Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 100


Football at Sandgardens

Today I went to see a football match. Rachel? Football? Yes, that’s right. I went to see a Chelsea-Manchester City game for the Champions’ League and Chelsea won. I think.

I’ve never been much of a football fan, but Ghana has made me a little more sympathetic to the sport. With the African Cup then the World Cup last year, both hosted in African nations, I ended up along at quite a number of games and even enjoyed some. I didn’t always pay much attention to the screen and asked endless questions about the offside rule, but I really enjoyed being around Ghanaians (mainly men) who were so enthusiastic about football.

…so apparently it was the Premier League…

Commiserating with Ghanaians when they went out of the World Cup in July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment