Monday, October 22, 2012

Day - 5


Booking details for the flight... Ah the stress.  As ever, we were informed that we'd have the 3 bags that VSO vols in Ghana always get when flying through VSO.  I checked in, and was offered one, two or more than two bags as baggage options.  So I chose 2+ and chose my seat.  Next, Hannah checked in but was given a three bag option...  So I called VSO Ghana, who told me to call BA in Ghana... Who were not helpful, so I called VSO Ghana, who told me to call VSO UK.... Who told me to phone the VSO travel agent, who said she'd try and sort it and to try and log in again in 20 mins.  40 mins later I tried again, but was not given a three bag option.  So I called the VSO travel agent again, who said she had changed it on the system, so it should work and I should just go to the airport and it would be fine.  Then - and this is the icing on the cake - she asked me if I had 3 bags..... Erm yes, why on earth would I be going through this hoo ha if I didnt!!!!!!   

Visions of turning up at the airport and being told that I could only have two bags ensued, so Hannah and I had a complex plan whereby she took one of my bags and I took her smallest bag as my hand luggage....  However finally all was fine and I boarded the plane without incident.  Phew!  A rather Ghanaian end to my time in Ghana!

No comments:

Post a Comment